Monday, November 29, 2010

Pet Training Collars

As I am gathering information about pet supplies, I have found collars with sharp spikes.  I don't understand the purpose of the sharp pronged collars for training. The spikes seem sharp.  These are the ones NOT on collars.   It seems inhumane to me, but reputable people seem to be using them, and reputable stores seem to be selling them.

As to the spikes on collars, I understand that little non sharpened ones may be cute on small dogs, but I am curious about the large spikes on large leather collars.  My guess would be that they came from an attempt to make the dog look more ferocious, but I am curious as to whether the sharpened spikes would shorten attacks on a dog.  Animals do go for the neck, so might a spiked collar stop that attack?  

Anyone have experience one way or another on these topics?

No comments:

Post a Comment