Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Serious Talk About Dog and Cat Shampoos in the Winter

Yesterday, I decided to give my dogs, Beckham and Sofie a bath.  Just as I was preparing the utility room tub, I received a phone call from a friend.  In the course of the conversation, I told her about the bath.  "Don't wash the dogs in the winter," she said.  "It will dry out their skins and make them itchy."
I had just been introduced to the Bobbi Panter line of pet care products and understood that they were different.  But how different?  So I compared the labels.
I will not go into all of the differences, but the old shampoo had salts in it.  Salt dries out the skin,  It also had several dyes and something called an optical brightener.
The Bobbi Panter shampoo had NO salt and all natural ingredients.  So I did the ultimate test.  Sofie is a Maltese and very white.  I washed the left side with the old shampoo, and the right with the Bobbi Panter Gorgeous Dog.  I had to use conditioner with the old shampoo, but did not use conditioner with the Bobbi Panter shampoo.
The results were dramatic.  Both sides were equally white, but the condition of Sofie's coat was different.  She was softer with the Bobbi Panter and her coat was fluffier.  The Bobbi Panter side was easier to comb, and fewer tangles--even with the use of conditioner.
I have made the decision to carry only Bobbi Panter products on my web site.  They are far superior, in my opinion.  Bobbi Panter Georgeous Dog

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to test them so you could see the difference! I worked for 2 1/2 years on the formulas...took out all of the salt and used heavy essential oils so without the salt, the oils are actually allowed to penetrate the skin and fur! They are also all tear free so use them as often as you want. I appreciate you being so thorough! Bobbi Panter

    ReplyDelete
  2. To avoid stripping the skin’s natural oils or causing chemical irritation, bathing with shampoos or soaps should be limited during the winter months.

    ReplyDelete